Testing Chemicals under TSCA
As part of EPA’s comprehensive approach to enhance the Agency’s management of existing chemicals, EPA/OPPT identified a work plan of chemicals for further assessment under the Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA) in March 2012. Chemical risk assessments will be conducted if, as a result of scoping and problem formulation, there are exposures of concern, identified hazards and sufficient data for quantitative analysis. If an assessment identifies unreasonable risks to humans or the environment, EPA will pursue risk reduction.
40 CFR Parts 796 CHEMICAL FATE TESTING GUIDELINES
Physical and Chemical Properties
- §796.1050 Absorption in aqueous solution: Ultraviolet/visible spectra.
- §796.1950 Vapor pressure.
Subpart D—Transformation Processes
- §796.3100 Aerobic aquatic biodegradation.
- §796.3500 Hydrolysis as a function of pH at 25 °C.
40 CFR Parts 797 ENVIRONMENTAL EFFECTS TESTING GUIDELINES
- §797.1050 Algal acute toxicity test.
- §797.1300 Daphnid acute toxicity test.
- §797.1330 Daphnid chronic toxicity test.
- §797.1400 Fish acute toxicity test.
- §797.1600 Fish early life stage toxicity test.
40 CFR Parts 798 HEALTH EFFECTS TESTING GUIDELINES
- §798.5265 The salmonella typhimurium reverse mutation assay.
- §798.5300 Detection of gene mutations in somatic cells in culture.
- §798.5375 In vitro mammalian cytogenetics.
40 CFR Parts 79 PART 799—IDENTIFICATION OF SPECIFIC CHEMICAL SUBSTANCE AND MIXTURE TESTING REQUIREMENTS
Subpart E—Product Properties Test Guidelines
- §799.6755 TSCA partition coefficient (n-octanol/water), shake flask method.
- §799.6756 TSCA partition coefficient (n-octanol/water), generator column method.
- §799.6784 TSCA water solubility: Column elution method; shake flask method.
- §799.6786 TSCA water solubility: Generator column method.
Subpart H—Health Effects Test Guidelines
- §799.9510 TSCA bacterial reverse mutation test.
- §799.9530 TSCA in vitro mammalian cell gene mutation test.
- §799.9537 TSCA in vitro mammalian chromosome aberration test.
- §799.9538 TSCA mammalian bone marrow chromosomal aberration test.
- §799.9539 TSCA mammalian erythrocyte micronucleus test.